Welcome to our website ~ we are the Friends of Georgetown Peabody Library, in Georgetown, Massachusetts.
Who we are
Our purpose is to support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community, and to stimulate public support and community involvement on behalf of the library.What we do
We raise funds to to support library programs and purchase books and other resources for the library. For example:
- summer activities for younger children;
- the young adult reading club, which encourages teenagers to read and discuss literature;
- passes to many area museums.
In addition, the Friends have begun hosting a number of free programs for library patrons and the Georgetown community. These programs raise the visibility of the Friends organization and encourage greater participation:
- hosted an e-reader night so that library patrons could learn how to borrow digital content;
- started a local authors series;
- began a series of exhibits featuring local artists and artisans.
We’ve created a Book Nook, where library patrons can buy gently-used books. Book Nook funds also go toward Library programs.
Finally, the Friends have also become more active on the Web and social media. This expands our reach and helps us promote programming and fundraising efforts without requiring money for mailing and supplies. We have a regular email newsletter, Facebook page, and page on the library Web site.Join us!
Your membership dues go a long way towards making all this possible. Please join us (or renew), and help us accomplish even more!